Monday, July 13, 2009

I got so "ripped" on Saturday night....

As in "ripped on" had to "rip" apart several blocks.

So every once in a while, I have "dumb ass" moments - or moments I like to ask myself - "they really gave you a degree?" About a year ago, it was sewing a border on 11 blocks that were twelve inches log - without any bobbin thread.

This past weekend, I had another of these moments. I was sewing some blocks together to make a bag - one block was a chocolate and pink floral fabric from the Posh Moda line and the other was a very thin pink textured fabric from an older Moda line. As I was sewing the squares together, I thought, "How do they make the fabric textured on both sides?" That should have been my first clue I was an idiot - but I was pretty oblivious to my stupidity at that point.

So after sewing through half the blocks and running out of the pink fabric, my friend Jen B so kindly pointed out that I had been sewing two squares of pink to every chocolate brown square. (That explained why both sides were textured.) Thus began the ripping of the pink fabric from every square I had already sewed.

Then the "ripping" saga continued and Jen's Mom - Cindy started in on me. For about the next hour (okay - it was probably only 30 minutes) I was reminded about my past sewing indiscretions and was pretty much the evening entertainment and the butt of the jokes that ensued.

Add to this -the fact that a women at the shop used the word "husky" to describe someone she had talked with early - we had many, many laughs for the evening.

My observation from the weekend - NEVER, EVER use the word "husky" to refer to someone that is heavier than 135 pounds!

Have a good one! -Jen

4 comments:

Jen said...

ROFLMAO. We all have dumb ass moments. You just haven't been around for many of mine.

Huh...I hear a spoon clicking a bowl, I bet Mike is eating that vanilla ice cream.

And remember, I'M the one that was called Husky so that pretty much gave me a free pass to make fun.

And remember who went out at 12:15 to get us slushies!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yep...we all have 'em! It's nice to hear about others having them though! You need to work on your stalking skills....no weird mail or nothing so far....giggle!

piecesofpatti said...

Hey! I just sewed a table runner together. I switched the pieces around and my stars did not match up. I "ripped" it out and sewed them together. Turns out I did it again. Needless to say that runner is still not done! You are not alone. And, I only shared that because I did not want you to feel bad, so there! No one would ever have known..........!

Cindy said...

Yep we've all been there and one that. No one is immuned to dumb ass moments.