Thursday, May 6, 2010

Top of the List.....

So I have realized that the more often I blog, the more often my blog will appear at the top of the list of blogs Cre8tive Quilter follows. Since I am an uber competitive person I have decided that I need to blog my fingers off so I can always be at the top. This fleeting thought, in reality will be over by tomorrow and I will fall farther down the list - but for tonight - at least for the next few minutes - I will be at the top.

I have started my journey into paper piecing - the 140 blocks for Sylvia's Bridal - and the picture above is the first four. I finished the Chinese coins block tonight. Only 12 more blocks until I am caught up with the rest of the group. I still haven't quite gotten the rhythm down - from the cutting, the pressing, the folding back and the sewing - I just always seem to fumble. I am hoping that by about block 20 I will find some kind of rhythm. Jen makes it look so easy!

Next up on the skills to learn - English paper piecing. So I have officially uploaded 2 pictures from my camera - I think I might be able to officially cross one of my goals off my list! Can't wait to tackle the rest.

For right now, I will settle for being at the top of the list.......

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Uber Competitive? Love that! So...just to keep that theme going, I'll be the first to comment on this post! Love your blocks! The fabrics are wonderful. Are you going to do the barn blocks, too? I'm doing them instead of the Sylvia blocks. Had to pick one or the other....ya know? I've got those 375 6.5" paper pieced log cabin blocks to finish. I'm up to about 25 done....lol!

Rhonda said...

Paper piecing is a great way to get things done. I love paper piecing and have "many" books on the subject.

Sue said...

welcome aboard on this blogging stuff and to Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. Don't feel bad about about getting caught up with the blocks, I have joined the group since it started and I only have 3 blocks done:). I am working on a quilt that I started for our son and almost done with it:). I also in school so that takes up some of my time. But anywho, you are doing great, keep up the great job and I love the colors of your blocks here.

Jen said...

Tee hee, uber competitive...and yet you think my Quilting 150 idea is insane?

The paper piecing will get easier, I promise!!

I can't wait to start the victory quilt. I'm going to work on it some today with my Mom. Hopefully get all the paper pieced blocks figured out so that once we both make them we can pass the paper work to you.