Saturday, May 1, 2010

Goal #10......



is accomplished.

I recently posted a list of goals for the upcoming year and I tried to accomplish goal #10 - "Learn how to down load the pictures from my camera onto my blog - if I can't boil an egg - I don't know how I will be able to accomplish this - I will probably not get around to this until February or March......."

Well, here it is. I finished a quilt top for a design called "Peaches and Dreams" out of scraps that Jen and Linda gave me. Initially, Jen gave me a bag of scraps from all of her projects with the 3 Sisters line "Chocolat" by Moda several months ago. I cut the fabric up before retreat and at reteat, Linda was working with the same frabric from a Moda University quilt. She gave me some scraps as well - and the final project turned out quite nicely. Between scrounging for the scraps and recycling fabric from a curtain valence that my mom made that she did not like and put back into her stash - I spent only about $25 dollars on this quilt - not including the back.

So I am well on my way to completing May's goal of one quilting project and uploading a picture to my blog. Wooo whoo - I am getting to be a little more techno savy every day.
Next blog - pictures of my trip to Mexico. Hasta la vista!


























5 comments:

Jen said...

It turned out great!! And Yea! You for getting your picture uploaded! I still have to finish my peaches and dreams quilt. I think I just have center blocks to do, outer blocks and then borders. Just not enough time in a day!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Looks wonderful, Jen! Way to go on getting the pic here. Miss you!

Sue said...

way to go, great job!!!!!!

Rhonda said...

This quilt looks great. I love the colors and the design which I have never heard of but will definitely look for.
Great job!

AnneMarie said...

Gorgeous, I love the colors of the fabrics, so rich! Are you a Gen X or Y quilter? Check out my new blog - let's create a network!