Monday, April 26, 2010

Today is like New Year's for me.....

So today is my birthday and I feel like it is actually the second New Year's day of the year. Whenever it is my birthday, I always think about the things I want to do in the upcoming year. I am sure I did this last year, but as I didn't write them down, I don't remember what I wanted to accomplish. So, this year I will write them down - forever in cyber space and hopefully have a fabulous year reaching my gioals. Some are already in the works - but need to be accomplished or finnished - so here goes.......

1) Take a vacation - alright, I know what you are thinking - I already do this alot - but it never hurts to have something to look forward to
2) Complete a 150 mile bike race - barring any injury or sudden cardiac arrest during the ride - this should be accomplished in July
3) Climb a mountain - there is a very small one in Lapham Park - called Lapham Peak - it does sound impressive to have this as a goal though - won't it be cool to tell people that I climbed a mountain - they don't need to know how small it was
4) Listen to an audio book - I am strongly opposed to audio books - it is like voting for the opposite political party - I love turning the pages of books - but in the spirit of bipartisanship - I am willing to go across the aisle and at least try something new. I think I should try listening to my favorite book - Memoirs of a Geisha - on audio. Maybe I could listen to the books I already read - hopefully I can find all of Jane Austen's books on audio - she like me, loves the happy ending
5) Lose 25 pounds - hopefully training for my 150 will help reach this goal
6)Complete at least one triathalon this summer - the thought of getting back into the pool is only less scary than the thought of me on a treadmill - I am definitely not a graceful runner.
7) Read a book a month - I have about 25 waiting for me to read
8) Finish one quilt project a month - hopefully this will be doable.
9) Actually use the cook books I have at least once a month - I have to call my mom everytime I need to boil an egg - I can bake beautiful cakes - but boil an egg? How could I handle something so complicated.
10) Learn how to down load the pictures from my camera onto my blog - if I can't boil an egg - I don't know how I will be able to accomplish this - I will probably not get around to this until February or March.......
11) Find all the barn quilts in Wisconsin in person - I won't jump to the dark side of making the blocks - but I love driving and finding them - there is nothing better than a map, a car and list to check things off of - it is like my very own scavenger hunt - Layfayette County - here we come

Unfortunately 1 day down, 364 to go - no goals accomplished ..... YET!!!!

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Happy Birthday! I still remember the brownie we had last year to celebrate. Hope you had a great time at retreat. I'm like you in that I love to read books, but listening to them is very good too. I've gotten hooked. Good luck with your goals for the next year.

Jen said...

What a fun post! I can help you out with a few of the Jane Austens and Memoirs of a Geshia on Audio book. I'm not anti flipping pages, I just get to do more things while I read.

By climb a mountain do you mean like mountain climbing gear? Or hiking up a mountain? I'd hike.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.